Canon PIXMA MG3120 Wireless Setup, IJ Setup Pixma, Manual Installations and Scanner Driver Software Download For Mac, Windows, Linux – Canon Pixma MG3120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One is one of the least-expensive shade inkjet multifunction printers you could find that supplies paper-saving automatic duplex printing. It also prints fairly quickly, creates excellent output, as well as is easy to use. Regrettably, that collection of positives can not offset the device’s exceptionally costly black ink. Establishing the Pixma MG3120 is simple, though it lacks an LCD, so you’ll have to use the USB connection to do the wireless arrangement (unless you have Wi-Fi Protected Setup on your router). The documents is excellent, and the control panel is really basic: A two-digit LED shows copy quantity as well as messages, and Canon offers clearly identified switches and LED indication lights for copying, scanning, and also upkeep tasks.
Print Speed as well as Quality On the Canon Pixma MG3120‘s item page, Canon states that a 4 x 6 inch borderless image can print in as low as 44 seconds, that black prints take 9.2 ipm which color prints take 5 ipm. I tested these insurance claims and located the black rates to be accurate, however not the shade or 4 x 6 photo speeds. I had the ability to print 9 black text pages per minute under the default setting and had a first page out time of 14 secs. It took me 7 secs to print each succeeding web page and also I clocked an overall of 4 mins and also 27 secs to print 40 web pages under the exact same setting. Shade printing confirmed to be a great deal slower. It took 29 secs for the very first web page to print out on the default print setting and I clocked it at simply over 3 pages each minute. It took 19 secs for each page to print after the first one as well as it took an outrageous amount of time to print 40 web pages: 12 minutes as well as 38 secs.
On the other hand, draft printing was really quick. It took 15 secs for the initial web page to pop out, 6 seconds for each subsequent page, as well as I had the ability to print 9 ppm. We clocked 4 mins and 7 seconds for 40 web pages. The photo print times were typical. It took the Canon Pixma MG3120 59 secs to print a 4 x 6 sized conventional high quality photo and also 1 min, 42 secs to print a premium quality image. It took it 1 min, 56 secs to print a basic high quality 8.5 x 11 picture and 4 minutes, 8 seconds to print an excellent quality picture of the very same dimension. The picture printing quality was outstanding. When compared with extra pricey Canon Pixma picture printing AIOs, you could hardly notice a distinction. If there is a visible distinction, you’ll see that the colors aren’t as extensive due to the fact that this printer works on a dual ink system rather than a five ink system. However the contrast is still outstanding for this rate factor.
[su_tabs active=”3″][su_tab title=”Ink For Canon PIXMA MG3120“]
- 1 Canon PIXMA MG3120 Ink Cartridges
- 2 Canon PIXMA MG3120 Specifications
- 3 Troubleshooting
- 4 Steps Instructions Wireless Setup For Canon PIXMA MG3120
- 5 Canon MG3120 Printer Manual Installations
- 6 How to Scan With Canon PIXMA MG3120
- 7 Canon PIXMA MG3120 Scanner Driver Software Free Download
Canon PIXMA MG3120 Ink Cartridges
- PG-240 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-241 Color Cartridge
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG3100 Driver Download
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”Specifications“]
Canon PIXMA MG3120 Specifications
|Special Print Media||
|Scan Resolution||Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi7 DPI|
|Max Scan Size||8.5″ x 11.7″ in.|
|Paper Types Supported||Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss; Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper;|
|Nozzle / Head Details||Color: 1,152 / Black: 640|
|B&W Copy Speed||0|
|Scan Bit Depth||24-bit external|
|B&W Print DPI||600 x 600 dpi|
|Copy Reduce Min||25.0|
|Color Print DPI||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Included Software||Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM PIXMA MG3120 Printer Driver Easy-PhotoPrint EX4 Easy-WebPrint EX12 Full HD Movie Print6 MP Navigator EX Solution Menu EX|
|Copy Enlarge Max||400.0|
|Operating Systems||Windows® 7, Windows Vista® , Windows XP and Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x|
|Output Capacity Max (8.5×11)||100|
|Output Capacity Max (Photo Paper)||100|
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”OS Compatibility“]
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra) or later
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT16
[su_spoiler title=”Setup For Windows” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-square-1″]
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
[su_spoiler title=”Setup For Mac” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-square-1″]
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
[su_spoiler title=”Canon PIXMA MG3120 Wireless Setup” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-square-1″]
Steps Instructions Wireless Setup For Canon PIXMA MG3120
- Take off the entire printer’s external protective materials carefully.
- Open the paper output tray on the front side and lift the scanner unit cover up to expose cartridge holder.
- Take this cartridge holder out and remove its protective materials too.
- Connect the printer to a power source by plugging one end in the proper interface on the printer while the other to wall power outlet.
- Turn the unit on and choose the language you prefer, followed by pressing the OK button and turning the unit back off.
- Lift the scanner cover again to insert the cartridge holder back in place. Close the lid.
- Turn the unit on and press the setup button. Select wireless LAN setup via the operation panel.
- Press the OK button.
- Select easy setup.
- Press the OK button.
- Select access point.
- Press the OK button.
- Feed it the WEP-key.
- Press the OK button.
- Insert the companion CD and run the program from the auto-play.
- Select the country where you stay at the moment. Click Next.
- Choose easy install and click Next.
- Select “Use the printer on network” and click Next.
- Soon, a window of Printer Detection appears. Click Next.
[su_spoiler title=”Canon Pixma MG3120 Use Manual Online” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-square-1″]
Canon MG3120 Printer Manual Installations
- Reproduction, diversion or copying of any text, photo or image published in the Online Manual (hereinafter referred to as “this guide”), in whole or in part, is prohibited.
- In principle, Canon shall change or delete the contents of this guide without prior notice to customers.
- In addition, Canon may suspend or stop the disclosure of this guide due to unavoidable reasons.
- Canon shall not be liable for any damage suffered by customers as a result of changes in or deletion of information in this guide, or suspension/stoppage of disclosure of this guide.
- Although the contents of this guide have been prepared with utmost care, please contact the service center if you find any incorrect or missing information.
- In principle, the descriptions in this guide are based on the product at the time of its initial sale.
- This guide does not disclose the manuals of all the products sold by Canon.
- See the manual supplied with the product when using a product that is not described in this guide.
[su_spoiler title=”Canon PIXMA MG3120 How To Scan” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-square-1″]
How to Scan With Canon PIXMA MG3120
- One step Download Drivers
- Type PIXMA MG3120 in the “Enter a Model” and click GO.
- In the Drivers & Downloads section, under Recommended.
- Please click the Select button next to the MG3120 series Full Driver & Software Package.
- Click the Download button.
- If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.
- Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.
- Double click Driver Canon MG3120. A disk image will be created.
- Double click the disk image.
- Double click the “Setup” file to launch the setup screen.
[su_spoiler title=”Scanner Driver and Software Download” style=”fancy” icon=”folder-1″ anchor=”Canon PIXMA MG3120 Scanner Driver Download”]
Canon PIXMA MG3120 Scanner Driver Software Free Download
Canon Pixma IJ Setup – will give you the official driver and software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.[/su_spoiler]