Canon PIXMA MG5300 Wireless Setup, Manual Instruction, IJ Setup Pixma and Scanner Software Driver Download For Windows, Mac – The Canon PIXMA MG5300 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One provides premium quality, adaptability, and convenience of use, Printing functions apart, the MG5300’s copy feature has all the attributes you would certainly anticipate from a multifunction printer. You can expand the initial copy approximately 400 percent or fit the whole document to a page. Various other alternatives consist of two-sided copying, indeterminate copying, specific duplication, chopped copy, and two-on-one as well as four-on-one photo collages. Scanning is additionally normal, with choices to conserve the file right to your COMPUTER, as an e-mail accessory, or checked as a PDF, or to just open it in an application. You can save all records as TIFF, JPEG, bitmap, or PDF data, and also the scanner now supports movie as well as negatives also.
Built-in Wi-Fi technology enables you to quickly print and scan wirelessly virtually anywhere around your house. Print beautiful, borderless2 images in the house up to 8.5″ x 11″ dimension with an optimum print color resolution of 9600 x 2400 dpi3 and five specific ink containers. These shortcuts are made to provide you fast accessibility to 5 of the most frequently utilized printer functions: Scan a Document, Layout Print, Photo Print, Show Main Screen, as well as Hide Toolbar. Have all new kind of enjoyable with your pictures by including brand-new results like Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus as well as Blur Background before you print. The Canon PIXMA MG5300 likewise lets you print on your CD, DVD and also Blu-ray Discs, as well as you could even turn your HD Movie clips right into gorgeous pictures.
When installment is total, Windows customers will certainly see several brand-new switches showed over the taskbar on the reduced right side of the display. Take pleasure in a brand-new sphere of printing options as PIXMA Cloud Link lets you conveniently print photos from on the internet image albums CANON iMAGE GATEWAY as well as Picasa as well as design templates including seasonal stationary and also schedules from a suitable Canon PIXMA MG5300 Wireless All-in-One, all without a computer system. With AirPrint17, wirelessly print photos, e-mails, websites as well as various other documents without the have to install device drivers, saving time and producing a smooth customer experience.
- 1 Canon PIXMA MG5300 Review
- 2 Canon PIXMA MG5300 Setup Installation For Mac and Windows
- 3 Troubleshooting
- 4 Canon MG5300 Printer Manual Installations
- 5 How to Scan With Canon PIXMA MG5300
- 6 Canon PIXMA MG5300 Scanner Driver Software Free Download
Canon PIXMA MG5300 Review
- PGI-225 Pigment Black Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Magenta Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Black Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Yellow Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Cyan Ink Tank
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG5320 Driver Download
|Maximum Resolution||Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi|
Black: 600 x 600 dpi
|Pitch||As small as 1/9600″|
|Number of Nozzles||Total: 4608 nozzles|
Pigment Black: 512 nozzles
Yellow: 512 nozzles
Dye Black: 512 nozzles
Cyan: 1536 nozzles
Magenta: 1536 nozzles
|Ink Palette||Cyan, magenta, yellow, pigment black, dye black|
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||5 individual ink cartridges|
|Print Features||Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing , Calendar Print, CD/DVD Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Fun Filter Effects, ID Photo Print, Smartphone Photo Printing, Photo Index Sheet, Photo Direct Print (Memory Card/Camera/USB Flash Memory), Photo Printing, Template Print, Quiet Mode, Wireless Printing|
|Resolution||Optical: ≤ 2400 x 4800 dpi|
Interpolated: ≤ 19200 x 19200 dpi
|Gradation||Gray: 16 or 8 bit|
Color: 48 or 24 bit (RGB each 16 or 8 bit)
|Color Depth||Internal: 48-bit|
|Scanner Drivers||TWAIN/WIA (for Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP)|
|Maximum Scan Area||8.5 x 11.7″ (21.59 x 29.72 mm)|
|Scanner Features||Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode , Gutter Shadow Correction, Push Scan, Scan to Memory, Wireless Scanning|
|First Copy-Out Time||14 seconds (color)|
|Reduction/Enlargement||25 to 400% in 1% increments|
|Quantity||Up to 99 pages|
|Color Adjustment||Intensity Adjustment: 9 positions, Auto|
|Copy Features||4-in-1 / 2-in-1, Auto Duplex Copy, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy, Face Brightener/Fading Correction, Fit-to-Page, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Image Repeat, Intensity, Manual Color Adjustment, CD/DVD Label Copy, Masking Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Zoom|
|Paper Sizes||4.0 x 6.0, 5.0 x 7.0″, 8.0 x 10.0″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes|
|Paper Types||Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum|
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss
Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
CD/DVD: Printable Disc
|Paper Tray Capacity||Auto Sheet Feeder Output: 150 sheets|
Cassette Output: 150 sheets
|Computer Interface||USB Port: Hi-Speed USB|
Direct Print Port: PictBridge, USB flash drive
LAN Port: Wireless IEEE 802.11b/g/n
|Direct Print Capable||Yes|
|Memory Card Support||SD: SD, SDHC, miniSD Card, miniSDHC Card, microSD Card, microSDHC Card|
MMC: MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Plus. RS-MMC
USB: USB flash memory
Memory Stick: Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro
|Supported Standards||IEEE 802.11 b/g/n|
|Frequency Bandwidth||2.4 GHz|
|Channel||1-11 or 1-13|
|Transfer Speed||IEEE 802.11b: ≤ 11 Mbps|
IEEE 802.11g: ≤ 54 Mbps
IEEE 802.11n: ≤ 150 Mbps
|Wireless Range||Indoors: 164′ (50 m)|
|OS Compatibility||Windows: Windows 7, Vista, XP|
Mac: OS X v. 10.6, 10.5, 10.4.11
|System Requirements||Windows 7: 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)|
Vista: 1 GHz processor, 512 MB
XP: 300 MHz processor, 128 MB
OS X v.10.6: Intel processor, 1 GB
OS X v.10.5: Intel processor, PowerPC G5, PowerPC G4 (867 MHz or faster), 512 MB
OS X v.10.4.11: Intel processor, PowerPC G5, PowerPC G4, PowerPC G3, 256 MB
|Browser Compatibility||Internet Explorer: version 6 or later|
Safari: version 3 or later
|Monitor Support||Windows: SVGA 800 X 600|
Mac: XGA 1024 X 768
|Hard Drive Space||1.5 GB|
|Power Supply||AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||In Use: ~ 22 W|
Standby: ~ 2.9 W
OFF: ~ 0.4 W
|Temperature / Humidity||Operating Temperature: 41 to 95 °F (5 to 35 °C)|
Storage Temperature: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C)
Operating Humidity: 10 to 90%
Storage Humidity: 5 to 95%
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||17.8 x 14.5 x 6.6″ (450 x 366 x 166 mm)|
|Weight||18.3 lb (8.3 kg)|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||21.3 x 9.0 x 18.5″|
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra) or later
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT16
Canon PIXMA MG5300 Setup Installation For Mac and Windows
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
Steps Instructions Wireless Setup For Canon PIXMA MG5300
- Take off the entire printer’s external protective materials carefully.
- Open the paper output tray on the front side and lift the scanner unit cover up to expose cartridge holder.
- Take this cartridge holder out and remove its protective materials too.
- Connect the printer to a power source by plugging one end in the proper interface on the printer while the other to wall power outlet.
- Turn the unit on and choose the language you prefer, followed by pressing the OK button and turning the unit back off.
- Lift the scanner cover again to insert the cartridge holder back in place. Close the lid.
- Turn the unit on and press the setup button. Select wireless LAN setup via the operation panel.
- Press the OK button.
- Select easy setup.
- Press the OK button.
- Select access point.
- Press the OK button.
- Feed it the WEP-key.
- Press the OK button.
- Insert the companion CD and run the program from the auto-play.
- Select the country where you stay at the moment. Click Next.
- Choose easy install and click Next.
- Select “Use the printer on network” and click Next.
- Soon, a window of Printer Detection appears. Click Next.
Canon MG5300 Printer Manual Installations
- Reproduction, diversion or copying of any text, photo or image published in the Online Manual (hereinafter referred to as “this guide”), in whole or in part, is prohibited.
- In principle, Canon shall change or delete the contents of this guide without prior notice to customers.
- In addition, Canon may suspend or stop the disclosure of this guide due to unavoidable reasons.
- Canon shall not be liable for any damage suffered by customers as a result of changes in or deletion of information in this guide, or suspension/stoppage of disclosure of this guide.
- Although the contents of this guide have been prepared with utmost care, please contact the service center if you find any incorrect or missing information.
- In principle, the descriptions in this guide are based on the product at the time of its initial sale.
- This guide does not disclose the manuals of all the products sold by Canon.
- See the manual supplied with the product when using a product that is not described in this guide.
How to Scan With Canon PIXMA MG5300
- One step Download Drivers
- Type PIXMA MG5300 in the “Enter a Model” and click GO.
- In the Drivers & Downloads section, under Recommended.
- Please click the Select button next to the MG5300 series Full Driver & Software Package.
- Click the Download button.
- If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.
- Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.
- Double click Driver Canon MG5300. A disk image will be created.
- Double-click the disk image.
- Double-click the “Setup” file to launch the setup screen.
Canon PIXMA MG5300 Scanner Driver Software Free Download
|MG5300 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.60||3.6 MB||Download|
|MG5300 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||36 MB||Download|
|MG5300 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||18.0.1b||13 MB||Download|
|MG5300 series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||1.80||1.3 MB||Download|
|MG5300 series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||1.80||1.3 MB||Download|
|MG5300 series Printer Driver (OS X 10.4/10.5)||7.40.0||8.5 MB||Download|
|MG5300 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||22.214.171.124||18 MB||Download|
|MG5300 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.60||3.7 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver For Mac (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|MG5300 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56a||23 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP64/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|MG5300 series MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||29 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|MG5300 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.1||54 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|MG5300 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||126.96.36.199||16 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||1.80||4 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows XP x64)||5.0.0||46 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows XP x64)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.0.2||48 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|MG5300 series MP Driver (Windows XP x64)||1.01||17 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||1.1.0||9.8 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||5.0.2||36 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||5.0.3||35 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.60||9.1 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5)||3.2.0||4.8 MB||Download|
Canon IJ Start Setup – will give you the official driver and software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.